Monday, April 28, 2014

The Day Before...well in a way...

Hi Everyone - another trip beckons - well, actually starts in the AM. I decided to take a brief look at my blog from the last trip and found the Days Before posting.  How funny.  What I said then seems to apply again to this trip.  Completely packed, work relatively handled, etc.  So I thought it would be fun just to re-post the original post - it's a true statement of current events - with changes noted in [ ].  

It always seems, prior to a trip, the world comes crashing in causing me to lose what little mind I have remaining. However, so far, things appear to be moving along swimmingly for this departure. Work is getting organized. Preparatory piles are growing with clothing, essentials, techno gear, etc. [Actually, completely packed and ready to go. Though the piles did build prior to yesterday.] I sit typing instead of yelling about what still has to be done.  All-in-all, it's looking good.

Still wish I could have dropped "those few pounds" I keep complaining about prior to heading to foodie and wino heaven. But as I look back at pictures of previous trips (where I found the new picture for the blog), it seems I've not "dropped those few pounds" for a very long time now.  Sigh.  [Oh, good heavens - it's still the truth...sigh.]

The only "gotcha" so far looks to be the weather in [Barcelona is the starting point for this trip]. It has been lovely there and hovering in the mid to high 60's. Sadly, temps will fall when we arrive...50's and 60's and, perhaps, raining . We truly need to remember to travel with Betty's brother and sister-in-law who seem to have been blessed with the weather karma gene.
 
How do you like the Blog picture?  How do you like the blog layout? The picture is of a gite in the Southwest of France owned by [friend Joan.  She will be joining us later in our trip when we arrive in the Languedoc.] A wonderful place that I've written about several times. If you ever plan a trip to the Dordogne/Perigord, it's a lovely place. 52 acres with a huge swimming pool and two buildings open for rent. As for the blog layout, I thought it high time to clean it up and make some changes.  There is and will be a comment section below each post, feel free to give me feedback at anytime relating to the trip or the blog.  To comment, just click on the little pencil icon below the post.
Well, time to get back to putting work in its place. As always...te souhaitant le meilleur de la vigne (wishing you the best of the vine).

No comments: